Wednesday, February 20, 2013

World, Meet Maxwell {Southern California Newborn Photographer}

This little guy came so fast. Not just that he was three weeks early either. But, that this past Summer, me and his mama had plans to go kayaking and horseback riding, and various other girl dates. She kept blowing me off and I just couldn't figure it out. Well, it was Max! Phewww. I really thought I ticked her off. haha! She just didn't want to tell anyone for a while just to be sure. I'm so happy for her and her hubby. They will be awesome parents and Max seriously has one of the best people for a Mom that I know. She's super sweet, super spicy, and a ton of fun. What combination could be better for a brand new life. I can't wait to change our girl dates to "mom" dates! I got to visit max on his 15th day for a little mini session. He was so good and so sleepy. Can't wait to hold you again Maxwell! XOXO  photo 6-46.jpg  photo 4-53.jpg  photo 7-39.jpg  photo 8-36.jpg  photo 5-46.jpg  photo 3-53.jpg So many people have asked about the moon... Here is how I made it... 1. I bought a 4x8 sheet of styrofoam from Home Depot for $15 2. My husband cut it into 3 equal pieces of 32 inches then glued them together with spray adhesive. 3. Then we drew the moon onto one side and he cut it out with a jig saw making it a depth of 6 inches-ish 4. Then we took an extra piece from the cut-off and glued it to the portion the baby was laying to make it thicker. Suitable to hold a baby. 5. I ordered the fabric from Etsy. I did a search for vintage yellow fabric bundle. This gave me the variety I wanted in vintage prints. It came in fat quarters and I ripped the fabric so that I didn't have perfect edges. I sprayed glued them onto the moon. 6. The final image is a composite of three images. One with baby on the moon, on the ground. One of the moon being held up by mama without baby, and one of just the backdrop. The moon is not actually suspended in the air. :) (thought I'd put that out there) Voila'! That's it. The whole project cost about $50 including the fabric and glue. It is also a really cute toddler prop. My daughter sat on it during Max's shoot and it was super cute!! Have Fun! If you make one please post to my Facebook, I'd love to see!!

1 comments:

Luciana Justice February 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM  

Thank you so much for sharing how to make the moon! we need for professionals like you who loves to share! if I ever can help you with anything count on me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP