Thursday, September 8, 2011

Indie Weddings - SoCal Photog Shoot Out

Last week I joined a bunch of other photographers from around SoCal for a beautiful wedding shootout in Laguna Beach. It was so much fun and the people behind it always do such a great job of finding venues, vendors, and models. And they even feed us. Score.
This time I knew I had to reserve a spot because it was vintage styling which is where my heart is. Here is what I saw through my lenses that day....

























SoCal Photog ShootOut


THE STYLISTS:
~ For Models: Heather Skelton thesoundoflace@gmail.com
~ For Venue: Kaylee Sizemore www.thetangledjourney.com

Hair:
Diego Ortega - Lead Hairstylist www.diegoortega.com
Tricia Parker & Heather Renee www.mirroredimages.org/

Makeup:
Jennette Pulecio - Lead MUA  www.jennettepulecio.com
Lauren Breedon   www.laurenbreedon.co​m  
Mellissa Gonterman http://www.melissagonterman.com

THE VENDORS:
Venue:  Hotel Laguna http://www.hotellaguna.comDresses:  Carino Bridal  www.bridalshopsorangecounty.com  
Decor/Flowers:  The Tangled Vine  www.thetangledvineonlosrios.com
Cake:  Itty Bitty Sweets  www.ittybittysweets.com
Venue furniture: This & That Vintage Rentals www.thisnthatvintagerentals.com  
Venue furniture: The Tangled Vine  www.thetangledvineonlosrios.com  

{ Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, Southern California, Orange County, Wedding, Photography, photos, photographer }

4 comments:

Lanouvelle Josephine September 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

Your work is amazing. Your SOOC is fantastic, and your spare, tasteful use of actions just makes it unbearably beautiful. I want to eat these pictures.

Laura Meeks September 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

Oooooh my goodness. these are AH-MAZING! every.single.one is stunning!

Lanouvelle Josephine September 9, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Okay, just looked at everybody's photos from the shootout, and if possible, I'm even more impressed with your work. Your eye is splendid and it is YOU who is Fresh From God! I just joined the shoot-out group, though I don't quite understand it totally. I get how photogs benefit, but is it a free exchange so that vendors get free photos of their stuff, stylists get photos and photogs get access to styled shoots? It's such an exciting concept. And even more exciting to see how the same shoot is seen by different photographers. Sometimes it didn't even look like the same thing!

Rebecca FreshFromGod September 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

Thank you so much Lanouvelle! What a sweet compliment! This was the second shoot out i've been too and I chose this one because I love Indie/vintage styling so I was super excited. Also it's great to get tips from others who are seasoned in the certain theme, in this case wedding posing. It's priced great and a great way to get to know others in our area with the same passion. You should definitely try to make a shoot out that interests you. They are fun!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP