Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fifty Two on Fridays {Week 9} Family

This week has been a whirlwind with sessions and more sessions. I had this great idea of photographing my own little family on our couch and *maybe* finally trying to master my self timer...but no. The deadline came and so here I am. I'm sharing this picture that I took of the balloons that we sent my little brother on his birthday. My little brother Dustin passed away two years ago of brain cancer so every year on his birthday we send him little notes tied to balloons. I know he's in Heaven and I know he doesn't get them, but I need to remember him this way. It's just my little thing. I'll do it every year. He's the family I miss. The family I wish that I had more time with.

big bear photos

Please head over to the talented Aubry Startin | Arizona Family and Wedding Photographer to see her take on family.....

15 comments:

Jasmine Sargent March 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

Oh I have shivers. This is such a sweet idea and a great way to remember your brother. Thanks for sharing a look into your family!

Head Gaggler March 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

What a beautiful beautiful shot. Very touching.

Sara T March 4, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

I am so sorry for your loss. I love that you commemorate your dear friend, family and brother this way. This image is so touching, heartfelt and positive. Beautiful.

Gretchen March 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

Oh I can't imagine how much you miss him, what a sweet sweet image.

Misty March 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

That is such a beautiful idea. It gave me goosebumps. Heaven is so much sweeter knowing our loved ones are there waiting for us.

breeze March 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

Such a beautiful image with such powerful meaning. My daughter recently let some balloons go to the sky and I told her if she believed they would make it to where she meant for them to go, that they would. I believe the same is true of these balloons <3

Val Spring March 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

What a wonderful way to remember your brother, Rebecca!!!
Beautiful shot and very touching words.
xoxo

Gail March 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

He might not get the balloons in heaven, but he sure as heck gets the love they are sent with. beautiful touching image.

aubry March 4, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

oh my heck... i've been a mess going through the blogs this week, maybe i'm preggo or something. i can't swallow this lump in my throat. just a beautiful message and picture. thanks for sharing.

jules March 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

I agree with gail ... he so gets all the love that they are sent with. beautiful to remember him in this way.

Gina March 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

this is so touching, it is a beautiful way to remember him indeed.

Stephanie March 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM  

Oh girl you outdid yourself, super creative i just love this. The color of the balloons w/ the tag is just perfect!!!!

kelsey {las vegas wedding photographer} March 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

What a meaningful image. Thanks so much for sharing your story!

Megan Cristello March 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

love this. such an awesome way to remember him ... love the balloons, and the note is just perfect!

Melanie March 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

I'm so so sorry about your brother. I can't think of a better image to show love and family then this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP