Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fifty Two on Fridays {Week 11} Game

When I think of "game" I think of one thing. CandyLand. My kids adore that game. They would play it with Daddy and I atleast 10 times in a row before ever getting bored if we would suffer it. I don't remember playing board games when I was a kid and I think that's why I have a hard time forcing myself to do this simple act of joy with them. Admittedly it's almost a chore. But each time I do I am always filled with gladness at seeing them interact with eachother and us. My daughter Ava LOVES the picture cards and just about thinks that if she gets one she wins! We just don't have the heart to make those painful ooooOOh'ing sounds when she gets one that takes her back to the near beginning. hehe. And Connor loves it when we pass eachother on the board, that our little men can give "high fives". That first picture of the sun coming through is what I imagine it's like to them when Mom and Dad take time to play. The simple things right?

big bear photos


Now head on over to Aubry Startin | Arizona Family and Wedding Photographer to see her perspective.....


Big Bear Lake Arrowhead Photographer, Family, Child, Newborn, Wedding, Photograph, Photos

16 comments:

Jolie Starrett March 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

Aww so fun!

Jasmine Sargent March 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

Candy Land was my all time favorite game when I was little! Love the light in these shots!

gina March 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

we love candy land at our house too!

Ang March 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

beautiful and dreamy.

TOLIVER FAMILY March 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

Luv the light. Is that a mega sized one? It was our very first game when we were little. Luv

kelsey {las vegas boudoir photographer} March 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Oh I love Candyland!

jules March 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

what fun! love the game!

megan cristello March 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

i love this. candy land is my all time favorite kids game... and the sun coming through the window, awesome... i want to come over and play too...

Wendy March 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

Awww, the Candyland days. Enjoy them. They don't last long. We're on to UNO now. Beautiful light and love the sweet bitty fingers. :)

val Spring March 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM  

You are so right! Just the simple things are the ones that make our kids (and us) the happiest! Love the story and the gorgeous light here!!!

Shannon Harrison March 19, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

such a hit at our house too. :) love the light- so warm and yummy!

breeze March 19, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

these are so much fun! the light is gorgeous!

Stephanie March 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Oh your light Rebecca, swoon! such great shots but you made them awesome w/ your lighting!

Melanie March 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

i love candyland! I'm so impressed, i never would have thought you could get such gorgeous light in a picture of a board game, amazing!

kara jo March 21, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

so fun. I remember loving candy land when I was younger. I bet they love playing with you!

aubry March 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

i grew up playing this game over and over, love the shot and yummy colors.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP