Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gingerbread, Candy, and Frosting, OH MY!

I am trying to get into the habit of not just taking "portraits" of my kids. It's really hard when something is going on and I have to get my 50lb camera out of the bag, set up a white balance, dial in my ISO and settings, etc. (Okay it doesn't weigh 50lbs but it's close). But I realized through some discussion on a forum about "documenting the details, with Angie Warren" that when I am old and gray I want to look back and see the details of my kids lives. Not just perfectly brushed hair and great eye contact. So to kick off the details I busted out the mamarazzi moves last week while they made their gingerbread houses. I will totally smile when remembering this years from now. Advice of the day.....bust out those cameras. Even your phone camera will do. It's important to capture the little things as they grow. Soon they won't be little anymore.
One of the best mamarazzis I know is my cousin Tina Platt. Way to go Tina! You inspire me to capture the little things, you are so good at it and I love seeing all your posts of Salior Mae!


Not perfect, but perfectly documented. ;)

gingerbread houses big bear photographer

{Big Bear Photographer}

2 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter December 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

That's so sweet Rebecca, love your "documenting" it's perfect!!!

Bridget December 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

All of the above post... DITTO! =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP