Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God Made Dirt.... {Big Bear Photographer}

And dirt don't hurt.

I can't tell you the number of times I remember this phrase being spoken when I was little. Whether it was by me or by another kid who was covered in dirt it's a phrase I'll always remember. I can't muster up one bad childhood memory of dirt. Mud pies, good memory. Dirt hills, good memory. Dirt pools for the G.I. Joes, good memory. So it was really hard to be mad for too long after opening the back door to these smiling faces, who really had no clue what they actually looked like.
I thought I was sending them out to play so that I could get some time alone to clean and pack. I thought it would pass the time for them and help me at the same time. I WAS WRONG. The cleanup after this was pretty much a muddy bath and dirty footprints all over the tile. Not to mention the load of laundry. But it's a good reminder to me that no matter how busy I get it's important to allow them the grace and freedom to explore their world and most importantly, to make memories. They were still pretty cute once I cleaned them up. And they were clean for all of about 5 minutes.
big bear photographer

1 comments:

Kathy September 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Rebecca-
You are too dang CUTE! I love your posts. Not only a fantastic photographer but great with words and a wonderful do-it-all Mom. Well, almost all anyway. Your photos are wonderful and your kids adorable.
I wish Dave and I could get in on your special. That would make nice Christmas gifts.
Keep up the great work and keep posting those photos!
Love ya'

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP