Saturday, June 19, 2010

The lemon lens redeems itself with a new one! {Big Bear Photographer, newborn, child, family, wedding}

A few weeks ago my hubby gave me the thumbs up to go ahead and get a new lens. It's a special lens that would be just perfect for weddings, especially those heart filled candid moments. So to save a few Ben Franklins (hundreds) :) I bought one used. Well the camera supply store didn't really know what a quality portrait should consist of I guess and sold me a lens that had been dropped! Gasp. The lens weighs like 40lbs! Okay so maybe not 40 but it weighs a lot and it's as long as Pinnochio's nose...AFTER he lied. It's huge. So sadly I had to return it and wait for the new replacement but one thing I've learned with age is that just because a time seems bad doesn't mean it actually is....there could be something better just ahead. And yeee haw! This lens is the Daddy of lenses. I love it already and of course bribed the kids to let me take their pictures. These are a few of my faves with the new lens and the mini-bribery shoot.
big bear photographer southern california

7 comments:

Diana June 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

So beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Met you on CM.

Cristine June 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Beautiful!! I love these. And look at that grin mid blow. ♥

Anonymous June 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

These are so great! I love them!

Jennifer June 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Simply stunning!!!

Mindy June 20, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Gorgeous! I love your son is trying not to smile while blowing on the dandelion in the bottom one - priceless! So I'm guessing this is with the 70-200 2.8? Congrats!

Kimberly June 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

How gorgeous are they!!! They looks so happy!

Amii June 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Oh those are just precious! Beautiful work Rebecca!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

About This Blog

"It is not a slight thing that they who are so fresh from God love us." ~Charles Dickens

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP