Monday, May 17, 2010

3 Awesome Things From My Trip to Central Cali....

1. I got to meet up with my photographer friend, Janet, at her charming and gorgeous farm in the country side of Arroyo Grande. Ummmm, I have "location" envy! Every turn of every road provides gorgeous little pockets of light and wild growth that would compliment any portrait perfectly! Lucky Janet! And her farm, oh my! The tall golden grass that she and her husband grow is so pretty! We got to take some pictures of my kids and little sister. You can see her in action below in the red shirt taking a pic of Ava. I thought I would pee my pants when her spirited golden retriever ran through the field of grass and all you could see was the tall grass mowing over wildly! It was almost like a creature in a scary movie! Soooo Funny! Thank you so much Janet for having us over! I can't wait to hang out again!
(The picture of my sis in the bottom left...I had to include it since she is wearing the classic "Blackmon Snarl". It's all in the left upper lip, just raise it slightly and voila! I do it all the time and don't even know it! It's not a good thing, more like a family curse! LOL!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

2. My sister, Connor, my step-mom and I all thought we would take a nice little hike to some caves we found while exploring Avila beach. Little did we know that to get to the caves we'd have to traverse a NUDIE BEACH!!! Haha! Ya, umm, no. I could not take my 6 year old across that beach in good conscience so we went the other way and were surprised to find some tide pools and caves that satisfied us anyway. That was fun!
Photobucket

3. I FINALLY got some pictures of Nikon. She is our new pup. A mix of purebred Rottweiler and Purebred Victorian Bulldog. She's gorgeous and sooo loving! I took her to the vet today and the Doc said she'll be 80lbs or more. Well, we wanted a big dog so I guess we hit the jackpot!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Mindy May 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM  

Oh my goodness - Nikon is adorable! Looks like a great trip and that farm location does look wonderful for photographing.

Melissa May 18, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

The puppy portraits are adorable!

Kay May 18, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

Isn't Janet the nicest person? Wow, her property looks gorgeous!

Your Nikon is so adorable! He looks like he's going to be one big dog!

Carey May 18, 2010 at 5:24 AM  

what utter funness!!!! LOVED these!!! envious, envious.

Marinda May 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Beautiful images! And how stinkin cute is Nikon?!?

Kelsey Anderson Photography May 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Nikon is adorable but 80lbs is nothing lol Yukon my Saint Bernard is 180lbs lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP