Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Las Vegas is a whirlwind romance....

I just returned from my trip to WPPI. It's a photography convention that was held in Vegas this year and there were literally 10,000+ photographers from all over the globe there. I had to put myself in check when I felt pride for driving "so far" when I met a couple on the monorail from Australia!!! Okay.They.Win. LOL! My room felt like it was 5 miles away from the convention center area....and it was in the same hotel!! How is that possible!!? I have only to been to Las Vegas a few times when I was younger so I have to admit that I was a little unprepared for the experience. How is it possible that one hotel could offer you so many ammenities that you would literally NEVER have to leave it and you NEEEEEEED a motor scooter to get around? I'm still boggled by the size of that place. I do have to confess that on a couple of occasions, (during which time my feet were THROBBING and I couldn't feel my toes...mostly due to the "cute" shoes I HAD to wear that offered no part of comfort at all "but they were cute I promise!")...I would get passed up by a sweet little old man on his FAST motor seat and I'd have momentary visions of motor-jacking him!!! LOL! Not really, like in the literal sense, but occasionally in my mind I'd have a moment of humorous daydreaming. Well, the lesson there is that I won't go back until I'm 70 and I have a good excuse to ride my own motor scooter or...maybe I'll bring some comfy shoes next time. :) I did learn a lot from some amazing photgraphers and I loved being in a place filled with people who share my passion. I am just so blessed that you trust me to photograph your moments and give me the opportunity to do what I love. It's a special priveledge and I don't take it lightly. Thank you!
sooooo.....it's 11:40pm...coffee anyone? :0) Cheers!

2 comments:

Kathy March 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Glad you had sooo much fun!! I hope I get to go one year soon! We'll hijack scooters together ;)

FreshFromGod Photography March 11, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

haha! Sounds like a plan! I am probably going next year too so maybe we can room together! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP