Friday, January 15, 2010

Pixels in Your Pocket

Some of you who follow my facebook know that I have a "column" of sorts called Pixels In Your Pocket. I like to post helpful tips and hints for everyday people who just need some pointers for taking pictures. I haven't done one in a long time and this will be the first posted on my blog! yay!


I was inspired by a materntity session that I booked today and so I started creating some "what to wear" guides. I started with a maternity couple and then I did a family and a senior girl's outfit as well.
If you know me you know that I like to tell people to think of the couches at Ikea or Pottery Barn and try to visualize how they usually will have 6-7 very different pillows all over them...yet somehow they all go together. So today I thought it would be fun to put the pillows to action!
These pillows can be purchased at Pottery Barn. They are beautiful aren't they? I just want to sit there and read a book.

Another tip when dressing yourself or your family: Try to dress yourself in something that you wouldn't necessarily be able to wear everyday but that in your daydreams...you would. Don't wear something that would be everyday wear. Dream a little! It's fun!

Imagine these colors outside with grassy fields, fallen trees that you could sit on, maybe a bridge or old building and lots of pretty sunlight. It might be cold outside but these colors will bring a warmth to your walls all year long.

This one is LITTLE! ~ I hope you can see it!! I messed up when making it..I'll have to remake it later. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Courtney January 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM  

These are great ideas!! I never thought about the pillow idea! Love it!!

breeze January 16, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

love these all! love the pillow inspiration!

Hannah January 16, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Thanks! I have never thought of it from the pillow analogy...that makes it so much easier!

merydwen January 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

sucha GREAT idea! love the way you put it together! teaching people to coordinate without being matchy-matchy!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I love

newborn photography inspiration

Sites I Love

The Bloom Forum

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP